Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Dearest Mother,
from east to west your life is like none other.

From a little doll, to a big grown up girl,
Your value in my life is worth more then the greatest pearl.

When I was little, I needed a hairdresser,
then come school days? a professor!

Every time I fell and scraped my knee, 
you heard my desperate plea.

Laundry was demanding, 
yet you were fully outstanding. 

To mate all our socks, 
while curing our chickenpox.

walk into the kitchen and you'd smell Indian cuisine,
for you see, our mother is quite the cooking queen!

Driving to and fro,
even through the snow.

A violin lesson here, a swimming lesson there,
such constant dedication, I know not, with what to compare.

I no longer scrape my knee, 
yet my life has not been a cup of tea.

My hear has been crushed and my identity shaken.
Yet you reminded me I wasn't forsaken.

I needed a clear picture of my Saviour, 
you said, "don't look to mankind's behavior".

Christ's mercy and love and forgiveness, 
regardless of how we transgress,

Was offered to me. 
This you helped me to see.

So dearest Mother,
your like none-other.

For I would not be me,
I fully guaranty, 
If you were not my Mother.

-Kalyse Rose-


I LOVE YOU MOM!


2 comments:

  1. Aww… that is so sweet, Lasey! Mothers are definitely special things. And I agree with you, your mom is one special person. :) Giver her a hug from me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Always better with a picture too!

    ReplyDelete