Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blinded to God's wisdom?

This morning for my devotions, I read the story in Matthew 20 starting with verse 29. It was about two blind men that Jesus healed. When I first read this story, the first thing that I thought was, "How can I apply this to my life?" And it was interesting, cause the first thing that came to mind, was, "I'm I blind?"
Then a verse that I had read the previous day came to mind. Isaiah 5:21, "Woe to them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight." There is some connection here with eyes. Am I blind to Gods wisdom? Is there something that is blinding my eyes so that I can't hear, or understand the wisdom that God has for me, but can only hear and understand the wisdom of myself? (which is nothing...because without God, we have no true wisdom in us.) Am I living my life by wisdom of my own? The prayer of those two blind men, was, "Lord, that our eyes might be opened!" Daily, I must pray this prayer. But when I pray this prayer, I must be willing to change whatever it is in my life that is blinding me, and then follow God's wisdom. I want to be wise in God's eyes, and be able to follow His wisdom with nothing blinding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment