Monday, August 27, 2012

Waiting

God has been teaching me a lot about waiting, and about the patience that comes with it. This weekend, me and my family were at Rosario beach, and Pastor Alex Brian gave the Saturday evening worship. That morning in Sabbath School we had been talking about Christ's second coming, and how much we were looking forward to it. I can't wait for that day, when I can look into Jesus' eyes! But here I am sitting here waiting....waiting for this sinful world to come to an end so I can be with Jesus in a perfect world. In Matthew 24:3 Jesus' disciples asked Him when He would come again. And Jesus gave them an answer, but not the answer they were looking for. Yet Jesus, in His wisdom, gave them the answer that they needed. First he gives them several signs to look for, but He doesn't give them a date. Then He tell's 3 parables that would make them think. The first parable (Matthew 25:1) is of the ten virgins. In this parable, the virgins didn't know when the bridegroom would be coming, yet they prepared themselves, and waited. The key here, is that yes, they were waiting, but they were ready to meet the bridegroom whenever He came. In the same way, we as Christians, must be ready and prepared to see Jesus whenever He comes. We will be waiting, but not sleeping. So, what are we going to do while we wait? Jesus tells the next parable, about the talents. (verse 14) Jesus was saying, while your waiting, invest your talents. Become all that you can be. We aren't to sit idle, but we are to work and invest and use the talents that God has given us. But how are we supposed to use our talents? What are we supposed to invest in? Jesus tells the third parable. This is when Jesus comes again, and separates the sheep and the goats. What makes the difference between these two groups? It's who they invested in, and how they spent their time on earth. Notice, the sheep spent their time and effort helping others. This is what Christ has called us to do while we patiently wait for His return. Be ready at all times, use the talents God has given us to reach out to those around us and help them get ready. As I imagine Christ ascending into the sky in-front of the disciples, I can just hear Jesus saying, "My children, I will return! This isn't a goodbye, only a see you later! And while your waiting for me to return and take you with me, spread my word! Tell the world of my love for them. Be ready at all times, for you know not when I shall return. But help all those around you, and you will be ready when I come to take you to be with me forever!"





No comments:

Post a Comment