Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today...

"Come to me with your gaping emptiness, knowing that in Me you are complete. As you rest quietly in My presence, My light within you grows brighter and brighter. Facing the emptiness inside you is simply the prelude to being filled with My fullness. Therefore, rejoice on those days when you drag yourself out of bed, feeling sluggish and inadequate. Tell yourself that this is a perfect day to depend on Me in childlike trust. If you persevere in this dependence as you go through the day, you will discover at bedtime that Joy and Peace have become your companions. You may not realize at what point they joined you on your journey, but you will feel the beneficial effects of their presence. The perfect end to such a day is a doxology of gratitude. I am He from whom all blessings flow!" -2 Corinthians 4:6, Matthew 5:3-6, Colossians 2:9-10, Psalm 150:6.

As I was sitting in my room at my desk finishing my homework, I was fully exhausted! I kept looking at the clock...ok...8:30...I'm going to bed! But I happened to look up at my picture board in front of me. I have several quotes and Bible verses up there with the pictures. And I saw this quote. I don't remember where I got it...or where it was from....but it totally described my last few days. God has been teaching me throughout this whole school year....and last! well...I guess every single day I learn how to better depend on God. But especially the last few days, God has worked little things out for me...like getting out of class 10 mins early so I could eat lunch. But every morning I have to make myself get up and out of bed. And the first thing I think every morning is...Lord...please give me strength for this day!! And He does! Every single time! I have gone to bed everyday this week praising God for the strength He has given me! And I have slept so well the past few nights because I have had peace and joy...God is so good!!


2 comments:

  1. Amen! Thank you so much, Kalyse! You have no idea how much I needed that today! I love you ever so much, and I'm praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord! Your welcome Katie!! I'm so glad!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :) and I love and am praying for you too!

      Delete