Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Faith is the Victory

This morning for my devotions, I read 1 John 5:4 and it says, "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." The first thing that came to mind when I read this was the song that our Mixed Chorus sings, Faith is the Victory. And once again, I asked myself a question that I had asked myself before, but I had never really gotten an answer to. So once again, I wondered, how does faith give us the victory? How can we overcome the world with faith? My mind wasn't making the connection. So I decided to wait and see if God gave me an answer later on throughout the day. That afternoon, I felt like I should email a good friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in a little while. So I did. And in his reply he reminded me of something that he had said a few weeks ago. He said that in life, when we have questions, or we don't understand things, it's ok. Because if we understood everything, then there would be no faith. Don't get me wrong, we should learn and try to understand as much as we can, but there are times, when things happen to us, that we just can't understand. That is when we need faith. After reading this email, things clicked in my mind. When I think of overcoming the world, I think of someone that is trying to understand everything about and in the world. If you are going to overcome the world, you need to know ALL about it right? Well God says that we can overcome the world. Yet it is impossible for us to know everything and understand everything that goes on in the world. But this is how we can overcome the world; through faith. Faith that God does understand everything, and has it all under control. We can overcome the world, not through our knowledge, but through faith in His knowledge.

3 comments:

  1. Oh… I need more faith in His knowledge…
    KALYSE! I'm so glad I found your blog! We have to talk, my friend! I miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lacey...oh for more faith...that will not shrink!

    ReplyDelete