Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Early Writtings p.39.1

I have seen the tender love that God has for His people, and it is very great. I saw angels over the saints with their wings spread about them. Each saint had an attending angel. If the saints wept through discouragement, or were in danger, the angels that ever attended them would fly quickly upward to carry the tidings, and the angels in the city would cease to sing. Then Jesus would commission another angel to descend to encourage, watch over, and try to keep them from going out of the narrow path; but if they did not take heed to the watchful care of these angels, and would not be comforted by them, but continued to go astray, the angels would look sad and weep. They would bear the tidings upward, and all the angels in the city would weep, and then with a loud voice say, "Amen." But if the saints fixed their eyes upon the prize before them and glorified God by praising Him, then the angels would bear the glad tidings to the city, and the angels in the city would touch their golden harps and sing with a loud voice, "Alleluia!" and the heavenly arches would ring with their lovely songs.

Wow...I read this during my devotions this morning, and it completely blew me away. God has been showing me a lot lately, how REAL He is. Just imagine...angels are carrying your discouragement's right to heaven! And Jesus Himself is commissioning an angel to come and give you comfort! All this is taking place around us...we just can't see it. If we would only remember that more! We are NEVER alone.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes. That's the real world.
    What we can see is just the shadow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...we just see the shadow. In Psalm 63:7, it says, "Therefore in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice." So yes...we are in the shadow...but its so comforting! because we are in the shadow of God's hand! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Kalyse! NEVER alone! So true. Our Savior is so good. Just today He protected me when a storm started as I was walking home. A huge tree right next to me was blown over, but my angels kept me safe. Praise the Lord that He is always with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Katie! I'm so glad that you were protected! Shannon and I have been praying for you!! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing! One of my favorite quotes! All heaven is interested in little me... and you.. How awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Courtney! Praise God that we are so valuable to Him! :)

      Delete