Monday, January 14, 2013

God's Presence...

Yesterday, a group of us went up to a ski resort for the day. There were some people taking a class, and some of us had just gone along for the fun of it! :) We woke up early, and drove to the resort. When we got there and got out of the car....wow....it hit us! It was FREEZING cold! so we all bundled up, got our skis and snowboards, and headed up the mountain. It was beautiful! We had a blast skiing down the mountain with the snow flying! Near the middle/end of the day, some of us decided to go up into some incredible powder. This powder went down the mountain a little ways, and people hadn't traveled this very much. So we get to the top of the hill, and 3 of us head down. Within the first 5 seconds of our descent we were all flat on our backs, skis sticking up into the air, looking at the sky! God's nature was incredible! I felt as though I were in a picture! (one of my friends informed me that I looked like I was in a picture with my skis sticking up into the air...and lying flat on my back!) We all sat there and watched the snow gently falling and felt fully enveloped in the powdery snow and God's great love for us. Then on the last run of the day, there was pretty much no one out on the ski trail, and I stopped and just listened. As I looked back up the mountain behind me, the sun was starting to set, and through the clouds you could see a little line of orangy-pink. The snow on the trees was incredible, and it was completely silent as the tiny snowflakes came floating down. It was so quiet. As I listened to the stillness, I couldn't help but feel fully at peace. I was in God's presence, in His beautiful nature.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! That sounds absolutely lovely, Kalyse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing...I miss the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture in my mind of your day :) That sounds amazing! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete