Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hymn # 510

One morning, I was feeling discouraged. I was sitting at my desk having my devotions, and I happened to look up on the board where I stick all the notes I have gotten from people, and I have pictures of all my dear friends. And one note that I had gotten awhile back really jumped out at me, so I took it down and read it....

If you but trust in God to guide you,
and place your confidence in Him.
You'll find Him always there beside you,
to give you hope and strength within.
For those who trust God's changeless love,
Build on the rock that will not move.

What gain is there in futile weeping,
In helpless anger and distress?
If you are in His care and keeping,
in sorrow will He love you less?
For He who took for you a cross,
will bring you safe through every loss.

In patient trust await His leisure,
in cheerful hope with heart content.
To take what'er your Father's pleasure,
and all discerning Love hath sent.
Doubt not your inmost wants are known,
to Him who choose you for His own.

Sing, pray, and keep His ways unswerving,
offer your service faithfully.
And trust His word; though undeserving,
you'll find His promise true to be.
God NEVER will forsake in need,
THe soul that trusts in Him indeed.

WOW....this song is so powerful!! It is officially my favorite hymn...(which is a really hard choice...and will probably change in like 2 months, cause there are SOOO many incredible hymns that touch my heart when I need them most...but for now...this is my favorite! lol!) I got even more out of it just writing it on this blog then I did when I first read it! This really encouraged me...."Just trust Kalyse"....was God's voice in my heart. "I know what you want...I know what you need....and I will give them to you when the time is right. No mater how hard life may seem, I took a cross for you, and I am not going to leave you alone to suffer. You will come out stronger on the other side. Just wait...and trust...and hold on to my discerning love....be content with life as it is now....and cheerfully hope and wait for the blessings I have in store for you. Don't forget, I am ALWAYS here beside you....I will NEVER forsake you. "



4 comments:

  1. I read this encouraging passage in my devotions this morning, and it just seemed to fit with this lovely hymn.
    "In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6, A.R.V.; 4:7.
    The Lord's care is over all His creatures. He loves them all and makes no difference, except that He has the most tender pity for those who are called to bear life's heaviest burdens... It is when we come into difficult places that He reveals His power and wisdom in answer to humble prayer. Have confidence in Him as a prayer-hearing, prayer-answering God. He will reveal Himself to you as One who can help in every emergency," (MH 199.2-4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! That is such a wonderful quote! :)

      Delete
  2. Kalyse, your post was a blessing, thank you for sharing! That is one of my favourite songs too :) You know, I find it uncanny how God's encouragement to you ("Just trust Kalyse") sounds a lot like something I wrote in my identity paper, so I thought I would share one paragraph with you:

    "God’s call required a deeper level of surrender than I had reached yet. He let me struggle with the agony of uncertainty because He needed to subdue my self in order to accomplish His purpose in my life. The struggle brought me to my knees. God wouldn’t leave me alone; His voice was incessant—always pleading, always demanding, always whispering, “Val, just trust Me.” He was my Comfort and yet my Adversary. I could identify with Jacob: while crying out to God in complaint of His unrelenting demand to give up “self” and do whatever He asked, regardless of my feelings or desires, I gritted my teeth and held on, saying, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!” (Genesis 32:26 NKJV)."

    Never let go of God. Cling to Him with everything you have, with everything you are. For He will bless you, and He will never let you go. He has promised! I miss you Kalyse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Val! :) I pray that it is a blessing to all who read it. Thank you for sharing! very powerful and encouraging! :) Hope you are enjoying the Philippines!

      Delete