Friday, March 9, 2012

Taking Time....

Wow...this week has been busier then normal for me. I would get up in the morning, have my devotions, and then my day would start. Music, school, lessons, more lessons, problems to be fixed, papers to be signed, more lessons, not very much time for meals, laundry, more school work, more music, and then bed time. Just about every evening, I would come back to my room, and be just plain exhausted. So tired that I couldn't do homework. It took all my strength to get in my Pajamas, and crawl into bed. Yet, God taught me a big lesson this week. This morning, I read the quote in Help and Daily Living p. 36 that says, "Too often we forget that our fellow laborers are in need of strength and cheer. Take care to assure them of your interest and sympathy. Help them by your prayers, and let them know that you do it." Beginning of last week, I just felt impressed to write a card for a particular person. So I did. Then the next day I felt impressed to write another card for this other person. And all week, I found myself writing just one card for someone else, once each day. It was so fulfilling. Just that one simple act of writing an encouraging card for someone, brightened my day, and gave me joy. Too often we get caught up in our own lives, and all the many things to do, that we don't realize other people are just as stressed and busy as we are. Just taking some time aside, to write a card meant that I wasn't getting other things done. Like my calculus home work, or that violin lesson schedule/ puzzle, that had been waiting for the past 2 days for me to solve. But it helped me to take my mind of of myself, and show Christ's love to someone around me who was struggling. I gained such a hugh blessing this week, even though it has been one of the most tiring, and busy weeks of my Fountainview 2012 school year. I would encourage you, even if you aren't stressed and busy, to just take the time to sit down and do something for someone else. You will find, that that one simple act will 'make your day'! It was also interesting, cause just today, I received 3 different cards from 3 different people. So not only do you receive a blessing from being a blessing, but God blesses you in return. Try it this next week...do one kind thing each day....just one thing, for someone else. And you will gain a big blessing!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much Kalyse! I've been having the same experience. It sort of feels like deadlines and homework and all the million things we have to do are just snowballing down to the end of the year, but I've been impressed to start making cards too (I used to do it a lot, but unfortunately I haven't been recently). I haven't made one everyday, but the days I have taken the time to write down a little kind thought have been so uplifting to me. It truly is better to give than receive! Keep sharing Jesus through your warm, gentle heart and radiant smiles, you've been such a blessing to me.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been impressed to start making cards too! It's funny, I was thinking of how it means so much for anyone to receive a card, but sometimes, it's especially those who don't always appear to be struggling that don't get many cards. And I thought of you! I'm glad it was a blessing :)
    It's awesome how you can sometimes catch a glimpse of God's game plan. Impressing three people in the same week to inundate the school with kindness... Crazy. It just goes to show, how when you do the good that you can, it really does make a difference. God will multiply it :)

    ReplyDelete