Sunday, February 26, 2012

Life

Life....that word carries a different picture or meaning for each person. Because each persons life is different. This morning, I was having my devotions and I was reflecting on what the word...life...meant for me. As I sat there thinking about the things that I had to face in life, my heart began to get heavier, and heavier, and heavier. "There is no way." I told myself. "I can not face this life on my own." I began to plead with God, to NEVER leave my side, because if He did, I would not have the strength to move on. I then opened my little, and very worn, book Help in Daily Living. I was just skimming through the pages, and quotes that I had underlined previously kept popping out at me. "Day by day and year by year we shall conquer self, and grow into a noble heroism. This is our allotted task; but it cannot be accomplished without help from Jesus, resolute decision, unwavering purpose, continual watchfulness, and unceasing prayer...Those who decline the struggle lose the strength and joy of victory...Instead of thinking of your discouragement's, think of the POWER you can claim in Christ's name...Let your imagination take hold upon things unseen..(heaven)...Let your thoughts be directed to the evidences of the great love of God for you. Faith can endure trial, resist temptation, bear up under disappointment...God will not suffer one of His truehearted workers to be left alone, to struggle against great odds and be overcome...He does not forget us for one brief moment....the sense of His presence will inspire a deep tranquil joy...All experiences and circumstances are God's workmen whereby good is brought to us...We are NEVER alone...Even the thoughts are not to be allowed to run riot. They must be restrained, brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. Let them be placed upon holy things. Then, through the grace of Christ, they will be pure and true...The power of self-restraint strengthens by exercise...The Christian life is more then many take it to be....there is need also of courage, force, energy, and perseverance. The path that Christ marks out is a narrow, self-denying path. To enter that path and press on through difficulties and discouragements requires men who are more then weaklings...Those who would win success must be courageous and hopeful." Wow...it was like God was speaking directly to me. "Kalyse, you will gain that noble character that I have promised you, but it won't be easy. You can only do it with My help. But you must have resolute decision, and unwavering purpose, continual watchfulness, and unceasing prayer. You must not decline the struggle, or you will lose the joy of victory. Don't think of how hard and difficult your life may be, but think of the power that I will give you. Think of heaven, your goal, where you will be with Me forever. Whenever you are tempted to think of earthly discouragement's, resist that temptation, and think of Me, and My great love for you. I will NEVER leave you to struggle alone. You are always in my thoughts. You can be strong through My strength. And be forever courageous, and hopeful." I suddenly felt an inner strength, and I felt as though I could conquer the world with Jesus by my side. I could face whatever the devil had in store for me, and I would be able to come out victorious. Friend, this message and encouragement isn't for me alone, but for you as well, and that is why I'm sharing this. Christ longs to give each of us that strength, but we must first realize our weakness. Just as I had that deep tranquil and joy when I felt God's presence, you can have the same peace of mind no matter what you are going through. All you have to do is believe. And now...when I think of the word...life...it carries a whole new meaning. I no longer fear the struggles in my future, but the word...life...gives me joy and excitement, to watch and see how God will work in and through mine.

1 comment: