Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love

Every other morning, in my worship group, we have been reading a book called 'Finding the Father'. Some of you might be familiar with it. But it has really opened my eyes to the Love that God has for each of His children. This great love has truly compelled me to take action. Yesterday, we were reading about the Love that was shown on the cross for each of us. And it is that same love that each of us must have in our hearts in order to show a clear picture of Christ to the world. Some people out there, call themselves Christians, but don't understand the duty that they have to fulfill once they take that name upon themselves. Because of this, the name "Christian", often carries a negative connotation for by standers. Because what they see in the Christians life, and what they hear from the Christians religion about their God, don't coincide. In fact they often contradict each other.What would this world be like if every Christian truly understood their purpose, and fulfilled their duty in showing Christ's unselfish love to the universe? This world would be a completely different place. Christ's unselfish love, freely forgives, and freely serves. This means that we must do the same. But not just because that is what Jesus does, but because our hearts are filled with the same love that makes up His being. That same love that IS Christ, will fill our beings and become so much apart of us that we too will just naturally freely forgive, and freely serve without a thought of ourselves. I know this is a concept that everyone "knows", but to really know and study is to change. Why gain knowledge, and study something if you are never going to apply those things to your life? If you are really studying God's love, it will become apart of you. Just like if I'm studying Calculus, it becomes apart of my brain. (A pretty big portion is required!) God's great love in coming to this earth, and separating Himself from the One that He had NEVER been separated from before, just so that He could show me His love, and freely forgive me, compels me to not let this sacrifice be made in vain. Not just for myself, but for everyone that I come in contact with. I can help those around me see God's great love for them, by allowing Him to place that same love for them in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment