Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week of Prayer- Lesson #1

This morning, after waking to the alarm clock and wishing that I could sleep just a little bit longer, I remembered that it was week of prayer. I love week of prayer! I always learn so much. Due to sleeping-in past my alarm clock, it was a rush to get ready and make it down to the school building on time. But I made it! Thanks to my roommate, who made sure that I was awake, and helped pull me out the door. :) We quickly found a seat, and were soon opening our Bibles. I learned a hugh life lesson from this mornings meeting. It is called perseverance. This was the example that Nathan Renner, our speaker, used; he loves to go rock climbing, and he wanted to go to this popular rock climbing place in France. But he didn't have the money, and he was terrible at raising money. So, this was his young adult logic; buy the ticket in February, and plan the trip for October. This way, he had the ticket and he was motivated to save money, he was motivated to prepare for the trip, because he WAS going. The ticket had been bought, there was no doubt in his mind that he was going. So he had better prepare. In the same way, we must set our minds on our goals. When we set our minds on goals, and purpose in our heart to accomplish them, and tell ourselves that we WILL win that goal, we will be motivated to prepare. Our mind set will be, "I'm going to accomplish this goal, therefore I better start preparing!"When we set our minds on a goal we are motivated to prepare, thus we will succeed in accomplishing that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment